Friday, April 07, 2023

About Tired

 I don't know about you, but I'm about tired of this rain.  Yeah, we've had a few days of sunshine here and there, but it's been raining pretty much non stop for the last two weeks.  My yard is flooded.  Your yard is flooded.  The whole bleeping world is flooded. 

OK, not really.  But it feels that way. 

It's been a difficult couple of weeks, that's for sure, what with all the tornadoes and all.  When one of the top storm chasers in the country posts something like this, you know things have been rough. 


I don't think I'll have to go that far, but then, I'm not right in the middle of all the destruction like he is.  Still, it's kind of given me the blahs.  That's why blogging has been slow.  I've had stuff to talk about; I just haven't had the oomph to do so.  

One silver lining of all the rain we've gotten the last couple of days is that it's cooled things off in the plant. A couple of days ago, it was so hot that one of the brazers called our new(ish) supervisor over and asked him to turn off the plant's heater.  

She later told me, "I thought he knew I was joking,"  but apparently he didn't.  

"How do you turn it off?" he asked, looking around the plant, then up into the ceiling. "Is that it up there?"  he said.  "Is that how you turn it off?"  When he said he'd ask the production manager is when she finally owned up that she was joking, but by that time, I'd had to turn my back to them because I was laughing so hard I was afraid I'd give the game away.  

Just so's you know, the plant doesn't have any heating, and barely any air conditioning, either.  That's why we're always hot in summer and freezing in winter. 


Speaking of freezing, after two days of running my air conditioner, I've got the heater back on today.  I had me another adventure today, too.  

When I got off work yesterday, my low tire pressure light came on.  I didn't worry too much about it, because that tire has had a slow leak for a while now.  I usually have to air it up about once a month -- which I did as soon as I got home.  This morning, the light was on again.  And again, I didn't worry too much about it.  I figured the drop in temperature caused the air to contract just enough to make the light come on.  But when I got off work, the tire was visibly low.  

"Better get that taken care of,"  I said to myself, and off to Walmart I went -- where I was informed that there was a nail in my tire and I would need a new one.  $130 later -- plus another $130 for my groceries -- I have a brand new tire on my car.  I'm not too terribly upset.  After all, I've driven on that tire for nearly 8 years, and that's just one of those things. 


And finally, I've started book four of The Dark Is Rising series, The Grey King


If you're a fan of fantasy and Celtic mythology, I think you'll really enjoy this series.  I highly recommend it. 


1 comment:

Amnicon Studio said...

The weather has been brutal this year!

We finally have a warmup in our area, and now we are being warned about flooding.