Monday, February 15, 2021

Snow Day

 Or a sleet day, rather.  

We didn't get much snow at all, not even enough to make snow ice cream.  I was so looking forward to snow ice cream.  No, all of this is sleet.


I'm just glad there was no ice, and we didn't lose power.  I mean, I've got plenty of firewood, but still...


Some people weren't so lucky.  They're having to do rolling blackouts in Texas, because the wind turbines are frozen up.  Here in Mississippi, down south, there are lots of folks with out power, due to ice buildup.   

I copped this photo off of the internet.  This is the Rainbow Bridge (on the left) and the Veteran's Memorial Bridge in Bridge City, Texas.  

Apparently, people are still trying to drive over them, judging by the tire tracks.  Me, I didn't even try to go anywhere today.  I stayed home, watched TV and knit a few more squares into blanket #2 -- the one that is supposed to be for my sister, if I ever get it finished.  

But look at this: 

That is one massive winter storm.  It's supposed to get even colder tonight.  So cold, a Cat 5 Gumbo Alert has been issued.



I'm considering calling in tomorrow, and just staying home again.  

Finally, remember I'd said I had something up my sleeve for today.  I was planning on live streaming my piano practice, but I didn't.  I remembered I'd asked about it before, and no one really seemed that interested except Kristine.  So, I didn't do it.  

I didn't want to bore you all.  



 

No comments: