Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Liar

 Well, the plant made a liar out of me.  

I'd said just yesterday that nothing interesting has been happening, when what should the universe throw at me today? 

It all started when the computers kept going down.  Some people couldn't even clock in, and we couldn't confirm our completed work.  We kept having to go over and check, and when the computer was up, we'd shout, "KIT OUT!!"  And everyone in the department would rush over and confirm everything they'd done up to that point. 

I'd just walked over to the computer to see if it was up, and it wasn't.  On my way back to my stand, that's when I heard the screaming and saw the running.  "Smoke!" someone yelled.  "Smoke coming out of that striker!"  It took some doing, but I finally figured out which striker was smoking, because by then it had stopped.  I unplugged it, and Supervisor called maintenance, who came out and replaced it.  All was well once again.  

Shortly after lunch, I was just a brazing away, minding my own business, when I saw one of the brazers running.  I looked over and saw someone's fan was on fire.  I don't think it was the fan itself, but a piece of tissue or paper that had gotten caught in the wires.  They got that fire put out, and my first thought was, "Well, now I have something to blog about."    

And here I was telling you how dull things had been.

Speaking of, well not speaking of, but I couldn't think of another segue, the plant grapevine has it that Stalker isn't going to get that job he's been telling everyone he got.  Word is, the reason they took the brazing trainer job away from him in the first place is because he would spend all day hanging around in the lab, getting in their way, and generally making a nuisance of himself, instead of doing the job he was supposed to be doing in the first place.  At least that's the rumor.  The same grapevine is telling us that this is the reason he won't be getting that new job -- because the person over the lab didn't want him back there then, and doesn't want him back there now. 

We're all kind of bummed, because we were hoping he'd just go away.  

In other news, it took some doing -- OK, it took a LOT of doing -- but I finally got that gigantic chunk of wood split into three still somewhat sizeable pieces. Or, two sizeable pieces and one somewhat small piece, rather.


At least they'll fit into my wood burner now.  All I have left to split are these three pieces from the tree I had cut down, and I'll be done. 

It ain't happening today. Or probably not tomorrow, either, because I'm not sure I'll be able to move my arms after splitting that big chunk.  At least I've got plenty of wood now, because our forecast for the weekend hasn't changed much.

If anything, it's gotten worse.  Oh, and I did call and get my dentist appointment cancelled, so I don't have to do anything at all on Monday. 

But, I have something up my sleeve....If I can figure out how to get it done.  

You'll just have to wait and see.  





No comments: