Wednesday, February 03, 2021

As I Suspected

 The firewood guy shorted me. 

I got out and finished stacking my wood after work today, because it's supposed to rain tomorrow.  Once I'd gotten all done, that's when I saw it.  Yep, they shorted me.  For it to be a full face cord, the stack would have to be the same size as that sheet of OSB behind it.  As you can see, it's not even close.  And those few pieces on the end were wood I already had, so what they brought me was really short. 

So, yeah, I definitely won't be buying from them again.  Even though it was a really good price for a face cord -- if it had actually been a face cord, that is.  Oh, and look at this:

They left this one huge chunk of wood that I don't think would fit inside my heater.  Even if it fit through the opening, it would be way too heavy for me to put it in there, since the door is on one end.  

I tried to split it, but this is as far as I got.  I swung that sledge hammer until my arms were noodles, but had to put it away for the day.  I'll try again tomorrow, if it's not raining when I get home. 

All in all, thought, it's good that I have a supply of wood, because it's supposed to get cold next week.  They're even predicting snow for Thursday!  With my luck, though, all we'll get is rain.  Cold, wet, bone chilling rain.  

In other news, I'm having to take a bit of a break from piano practice.  You see, I decided like a dummy to wash my coffee maker.  You know, the one that uses the pods.  Yeah, I forgot about the little stabby thing in the bottom, and completely stabby thinged my finger. 

Yes, it's a bit painful.  I'm still trying to play through my songs once or twice each, but I'm not going to be doing a full practice until this heals.  Oh, and for those of you interested, one of the shanty groups I follow is doing a community thing.  You can get the details here:

It would be so cool to see some of my friends in this video.  Me, I'm too much of a Luddite to even know where to begin.  They even want ASL people to do it, so if you know someone who knows sign language, by all means share it with them. 


No comments: