Tuesday, February 02, 2021

Miffed

 Well, firewood guy finally showed up last night -- after 5 hours.  

It was sometime after 7:00, and I was already getting ready for bed.  Hey, when you get up ridiculously early, you also go to bed ridiculously early.   

Nevertheless, he finally arrived.  I told him I'd about given up on him, and he replied that he has a lot going on.  Yeah?  Well, did you ever think that I might have a lot going on, too?  Maybe I had stuff to do, but couldn't get it done because I'd spent five hours waiting on you to show up?  So, I was already a bit aggravated, but then....Oh, wait, I have to lead this in properly: 

But wait, there's more!  

When I messaged them in the Facebook marketplace about buying the wood, I specifically asked if they would accept a Paypal transfer for payment.  They said yes, that was fine.  See?  I even screenshotted it: 


When they got here, I asked again, just to be sure.  "You said Paypal was OK, right?"  She again said yes, and even wrote down her email address for me.  I came inside, logged into my Paypal account, then went back outside to double check the amount.  That's when they said, "No, we won't take Paypal.  We want cash only."  

Seriously???  Why did you say Paypal was OK if you only wanted cash?????

I told them, "I don't have that much cash on hand" and said that if they'd told me yesterday they would only take cash, I could have run into town and gotten some.  But I didn't, because they'd said Paypal was OK.  That's when I said it's either Paypal, or I could write them a check.  He said, "But where would I get it cashed?"

Ummmm at a BANK.  He said they didn't have a bank.  They did all their finances online -- which really makes me wonder why they wouldn't take a Paypal transfer.  Anyway, by this point, I was so miffed, I was thisclose to telling them to take the wood back and I'd buy it from someone else.  But in the end, they accepted a check -- after I told him how to do a mobile deposit on his Wells Fargo app -- and I got my wood.  I didn't even have them stack it.  I told him to throw it in a pile on the ground and I'd stack it later.  I just wanted them to go away, and I'm not going to do business with them any more.  At least that's over with...or is it?

But wait, there's more!

I don't think they brought me a full face cord.  A face cord is 8' x 4'. Now, I haven't finished stacking it yet, but right now, it looks like it's only going to measure 6' x 3'.  

Is there no one honest left in this world?  

In other news, Stalker is going around telling everyone he got a new job in the prototype shop.  Nobody believes him, though, because 90% of what comes out of that man's mouth is a lie.  Besides, if he has a new job, why is he still on his brazing stand?  We're all secretly hoping it's true,  just so he'll go away. 

He wasn't there today, and everyone in the whole department seemed so much more relaxed.  

And finally, they're predicting snow for next Thursday.  I guess it's a good thing I got that wood, then, eh?  

1 comment:

Amnicon Studio said...

There has been a few times we tried getting wood from a seller on FB marketplace. Most of them didn't pan out. We *finally* got one who stayed in contact with us, agreed to a price, etc. and finally delivered after delaying it a few times. We didn't think the person was going to show up. Turns out the person on FB was contracting the loads out. A messy system, but we finally got it.

Something seems a bit sus about your people. How can they be tech savvy and not at the same time?