Friday, February 26, 2021

Short Post On Day Four

I'm afraid you're going to get a short post today.  Having that one less hour in the afternoon really makes things feel rushed, and I don't want to be rushed when I get home from work.  I want to sit down and relax a bit.  I'm sure before it's all over, they'll have us on 10 hour shifts, too.  That'll probably come sooner than later, as the lines have completely caught up with the sub brazing.  And yet, they're still trying to come get people to work in the back.  Group Leader Shark said, "They've got this whole big training center.  Why aren't they training people to braze?"  

I don't know, but they've finally hired a new Big Man Up Front.  They say he used to work out there before, but I don't remember him.   

In other news, group leader was back at work today, and he has a heck of a black eye.  Some of the other sub brazers and I were trying to look at him, but looking like we weren't trying to look at him.  He caught us looking, stood there for a minute looking back at us, then said, "All y'all's headers are leaking!" and walked on. Most of us just laughed, but one lady got really upset.

"He said my headers were leaking!" she said, running to the computer to check the leak rate board.  "They don't have anything written down, but he said they were leaking."  

I said, "Don't listen to him.  He's just running his mouth like he always does.  That's why he got punched in the face in the first place!"  

Yesterday afternoon, I finally managed to get out and get a good look at my spider lilies.  


They're toast.  You know it had to be cold, as those things are really hardy.  Oh, don't worry, they're not dead.  They'll be back next fall.  They may not be as big or as vibrant, but they will come back.  My roses were bitten pretty hard by the ice, too.  I'm going to have to get out and cut the dead parts out sometime after this rain stops.  

But look!  Here's a bit of good news.

 
I've got daffodils coming up!  And if you look closely, you can see the day lilies peeking out of the ground, too.  Monday is the first day of spring...meteorological spring, that is, and for once, I'm actually ready for it.  Not looking forward to summer, but I think I've had enough cold for a while.  

And finally, this is, of course, Day Four Of The Siege.  










No comments: