Sunday, February 07, 2021

Done For Now

I'm done with my blanket, for now at least.  I've knit a few more squares into it, and am going to put it away, until I get more yarn scraps.    

I still have a bit more of the yarn that my friend Leann sent me, but they're all blues and grays. 


Oh, don't get me wrong.  They're lovely blues and grays, and I'm definitely going to add them eventually.  I just feel like that top section is already a bit heavy on the blues, and I want to get a bit more of a variety in there.  I need more yellows, and some whites, too.  I don't want solid white, but stuff with a white base -- maybe with stripes or speckles in them.  

Anyway, that's it for that blanket for a bit.  I do have the other one I'm still working on.  It was supposed to be for my sister, and it may yet be.  At the rate I'm going, I'm going to have to send it to her nursing home!   

Well, I finally broke down and took the last of the Christmas decorations down.  


The mantle seems a bit forlorn without them, and I need to figure out something else to put up there.  Besides the bricks I mean.  If I could find a local contractor who would actually show up and do the job for which I hired him, I could get a new mantle built.  One that was attached, and not just held down by paving stones.  

Heh, I had to laugh at myself a bit, because when I was getting ready to compose this post, I transferred my photos from my memory card to my computer.  Somehow, I've ended up with about 7 folders with my photos in them.  I don't know how that happened, or what to do about it, other than just buy a new computer.  That's not an option since this one is only a year old.  

So, I was getting ready to blog, and was looking all over for my pictures, and couldn't find them.  I looked everywhere -- through all those folders with no luck, getting more frustrated by the moment.  I finally found them.  Do you want to know where they were?  

They were under the wrong year.  One day last week, my date became ..not set.  I'm not sure how that happened, but it did.  Seems when I'd set it again, I put the year back to 2020.  It has since been rectified.  

We for sure don't want to go through that year again!   

No comments: