Tuesday, February 09, 2021

Bound To Happen

You knew it was bound to happen.  Yep, starting Thursday, the plant is back on 9 hour shifts.  Well, the assembly lines are.  Oh, you should have heard the hooting and hollering going on. And I was like, "Come on, man!  Don't act like you never worked here before!  We always do, you know...the thing!"

Except that they didn't put the sub-brazers on nine hours -- yet.  But they will, just as soon as they run out of headers.  I'll give it a week or two, then we'll all be on overtime hours.  I know I could use the money, but boy,  I'm getting too old for this. 

Not much else is going on around there, besides the ever present work, that is.  For some reason, work just doesn't seem as interesting as it used to be.  Rather, I don't think you would find it as interesting.  All the crazy stuff seems to happen on the assembly lines, and since they put the brazers back into our own work area, it's been a lot smoother sailing these last couple of years. Smooth sailing doesn't make for sensational writing.  

But look what we've got coming later this week.


I'm like, what?  I thought this was supposed to be the South!  At least it's not as bad as it was.  Yesterday they were predicting a low of 12 Sunday morning. Good thing I bought all that wood.  

That reminds me, I need to call and cancel my dentist appointment that I have on Monday.  I'm going to be sitting home with a nice warm fire, my knitting, and some hot tea.  

I might even stay home on Tuesday, too.   



No comments: