Thursday, February 25, 2021

A Bit Of Excitement On Day Three

 I'm starting to really regret mentioning that work has been a bit dull a few weeks ago.  I think I jinxed myself.  So what happened today?  I'll tell you.

There I was at work, just a working away, when I heard a commotion.  Everyone began walking towards the commotion, craning their necks, and asking, "What's going on?"  It didn't take long before the story came out.

It all started yesterday with a disagreement between and employee and his group leader, and ended up with some aggressive behavior on the part of the employee.  The employee was supposedly reported, but nothing was done about it.  

Shortly after 10:00 this morning, it all came to a head.  I don't really know all the details, but blood was drawn.  Literally.  Some people say the employee hit the group leader with a stick.  Others say he hit him with his fist.  Either way, he opened a big gash on the group leader's head, and he was bleeding like a stuck pig.  

The commotion we heard was them walking the employee out...followed shortly by one of the supervisors taking out after him, and a maintenance man trying to hold the supervisor back.  Someone said that supervisor was kin to the group leader, which is why he was so upset.  Before it was all over, the police were involved.

That was all I heard about it.  I did see some of the first responders taking the group leader to the first aid room, but didn't see him again.  I'm guessing they sent him on to the hospital for stitches.  If I hear any more, I'll be sure to keep you updated.

In the meantime, they announced today that we are going to start voluntary shifts on Sundays to help us get caught up.  I didn't sign up for this week, because I worked last Sunday, but I'll probably be working a few of them.  They're going to pay us double time, provided we hadn't missed any time during the week leading up to that Sunday. 

Someone said, "I can't believe they're making us work Sundays!  That's probably why that guy went nuts!   People are just tired!"

My response:

1.  Sunday's are voluntary.  If you don't want to work, don't sign up.

2.  Why are you tired?  You just had a whole week off because of the ice storm!  


Speaking of storms, we're supposed to get some pretty bad ones rolling through here tonight, so I need to get off of here and go get a shower before they get here...

And all the while, never forgetting it is the Third Day Of The Seige.

No comments: