Wednesday, January 29, 2020

We Called It

As some of you may recall, we've been going in on Fridays ever since we got back from Christmas.  Up until now, it's been 6 hour shifts  (5-11 AM), and voluntary.  Well, last Friday, Group Leader Shark came around and asked for volunteers to stay until 3:00 PM.  Only three people stayed.

Some of us were saying, "Watch, next week, they'll make us stay."  Sure enough, she came around this afternoon and said, "Friday 5:00 - 3:00, mandatory."  Sigh...well, look on the bright side.  More overtime. 

The bad news is, the flu is going around here locally.  Two brazers went home early this week with it.  Today, I saw someone walking down the aisle with a surgical mask on.  Nobody laughed at her. 

Nobody blames her.  Some of us have talked about getting masks of our own.  What with how run down I am with these long hours, I'm pretty sure my immune system is non -existent.

April | 2012 | Willow the Wanderer

Well, I got brave yesterday morning.  I stepped on the scale for the first time since September.  It made me cry.  At least all the Christmas candy and stuff is gone -- except for the three bags of Hershey's kisses I have stashed in the cabinet...and the cookies in the freezer...and that's all I have to say about that.

No comments: