Tuesday, January 28, 2020

The Song That Started It All

Here it is.  I've posted it before, but it deserves a re-run. 



It deserves a lot of re-runs.  Not just because it's such a beautiful song, but because it's the one that started it all.

This was the very first Piano Guys video I saw.  And that led to me finding more Piano Guys videos, and building a couple of Piano Guys playlists on YouTube.  Watching those Piano Guys videos on YouTube led to me wanting to learn to play the piano, and here we are...

Truthfully, I've kinda always wanted to take the piano back up again, ever since my mother cancelled my lessons.  It was watching Jon play and the joy he takes from it that inspired me to finally take the plunge. 

It hasn't always been easy.  Here lately, I've been kind of stuck in a rut as I work my way through my book.  It's getting better, though.  I've worked my way through some difficult pieces -- songs that I just did not like.  I kept at it, plugging away, reminding myself to appreciate the lessons those songs teach, even though I hated the song itself. 

Now, I've started learning some really fun songs, and I'm enjoying my lessons again.  I'm not going to tell you.  I've got another recital coming up in a few weeks, and want you to be surprised. 

At least you'll have something to look forward to.

No comments: