Wednesday, January 08, 2020

Straight Away

I knew right away what kind of day it was going to be shortly after I got to work.  I had to answer nature's call, so I sent into the nature's call relief center to do just that.  And that's when I discovered I'd somehow managed to put my underwear on inside out.

And that's how they stayed.

I sure wasn't going to strip down to my nothing right there to right them, so yes, I wore my drawers the wrong way all day long.  Then I came home and had ice cream for supper, followed by cookies for dessert.

I've long since given up trying to find an explanation for such things....

Speaking of cookies, I too about half of what I had leftover to work with me Monday, and my coworkers made short work of them.  Get it...work?  Nevermind.  Unfortunately, they weren't as impressed with my fudge, so I ended up bringing most of it back home.

So I guess I'll stay fat a little while longer.

The good news -- or bad, depending on how you look at it -- we're working Friday!  Not the whole plant.  Just some component areas.  And we're only working 6 hours, so I'll be home in time to watch the playoffs.

The really bad news is...sigh...I have to deal with my Stalker again. One of my coworkers said, "He acts like he's just going to lay down and die if you don't talk to him.  One of these days, we'll all be going to his funeral.''

"I won't," I responded, to gales of laughter on the part of my coworker.  I really wish he'd just go away.  I get so tired of his constant staring...staring...staring all day long.  It actually gets discouraging at times.  What if he really is the best I can do?

Maybe I'll just lay down and die...

Oh, I forgot to tell you.  I'm down to three stalkers now.  One of them got fired a few weeks ago.  Rumor is, he showed up to work drunk.  At six in the morning.  Drunk.  I find that hard to believe, but that's what they are saying.

And just in case you're wondering, I haven't abandoned my imaginary boyfriend just yet.  Over Christmas break, I took him imaginary frog gigging up the bayous of Southeast Texas.  Everything was going swimmingly until he tumped the pirogue.

Then we really did go swimming.

Ok, I am grasping at straws here, desperately trying to make this post relevant, but I got nothing, so I'll just leave you with this:

No comments: