Thursday, January 23, 2020

Random Thoughts Of A Thursday Evening

1.  I woke up bright and early this morning -- well, I woke up early.  Nothing is bright at 3:30 AM.  I got out of bed and began getting ready for work, as is my custom.  I was just about to leave the house when I flew into a blind panic because I had forgotten something very important.  I delayed my departure until I'd retrieved that very important something, then went on to work, only a little bit behind my time.

2.  And what was this very important something that nearly made me late to work?  It was the name of the meteorologist on Galveston Island in the year 1900.

3.  I'm beginning to understand why I'm not married.

4.  The rest of what I bought during my indiscriminate spending spree Monday arrived today.


Fountain pen cartridges!  Eight colors, six cartridges each.  These fit the pen Cody got me for Christmas back in 2017.  These, plus new stationery yesterday....somebody's getting a letter!

5.  It's Isaac Cline, by the way.  The name of the meteorologist. 

6.  I've never watched the show The Bachelor.  Several years ago, I watched an episode, and felt a whole lot better about my own love life.  Or lack of.  Which is still better than the degradation those women put themselves through. 

7.  This season, I decided to give the show another try.  I lasted two episodes.  I'm shocked and appalled that people think this stuff is romantic.  I think it's creepy -- especially that rose ceremony.  I'm even more appalled that there are women who think the guy sleeping with 20 of them would make a good husband. 

8.  And I'll bet not one of them knows who Isaac Cline is. 

No comments: