Saturday, January 18, 2020

Did You Know?

Did you know my white headed shanty men have a movie out about them?


OK, it's not really about them, per se.  But it is.  It's a fiction movie based on how they were discovered.  Loosely...

Anyway, it was released in the U.K. back in May.  I waited patiently for it to be released on this side of the Pond, but it wasn't.  It came out on video in the U.K. in July, and I thought surely they'd release it in Region 1 format, too, but it wasn't.  Still, I waited patiently as I read reviews on their Facebook page from people in Australia, Germany, France...even China, talking about how good the film was.  And how much they enjoyed it.  I regularly checked Amazon to see if it had been released in Region 1 coding, but still nothing...

Then, a couple of weeks ago, they posted on their Facebook page that the sequel would begin filming soon.  Wait, what?  I haven't even gotten to see the first one, yet, and they're filming a second sequel?  Naturally, I did what any red blooded American and Native Born Texan would do...I got on Amazon and ordered a region free DVD player and the DVD.

The player arrived  in just a few days, but I had to wait for the disc to be shipped from England, so it took a bit longer.  Well, it finally arrived, and I was able to watch it this afternoon.  It was very good!  A bit kitschy and cheesy, but good nonetheless.  I always feel a little lost on the first Saturday without football, and this filled in the empty spot right nicely.

Speaking of football, I thought I'd set my DVR to record the Natty, but somehow I did it wrong and recorded ESPN's super redacted version.  Sigh....At least I got to see a little of it.  Maybe they'll replay it again during the off season.

Look at this:


It's coming up in the bed where I planted my bluebonnet seeds.  I'm not sure it's a bluebonnet or a weed, but I'm for sure not messing with it -- just in case.  There are about four of them coming up, so I'm hoping I get some bluebonnets this year.

Finally, tonight's sunset was gorgeous.  Pictures don't do it justice.


Oh, wait, I forgot something.  In the movie, one of the guys mentions the cough drop called Fisherman's Friend.  I've used them for years.  A few weeks ago, one of my coworkers was coughing and asked for one of my Hall's.  I told her to just keep the bag with her in case she needed more.  I wouldn't need them.  I'd broken out the big guns.



That night, she went and bought some.  The next morning, she came in and told me she'd put two into her mouth at once.  "Oh, Becky!  I won't ever do that again!"  But, she hasn't coughed since.

I think she's afraid to. .


No comments: