Saturday, October 12, 2024

Nothing

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  I have all these plans when I take my long weekends off, and all I end up doing is sitting in front of the TV most of the time.  This weekend has been no exception.  

I was going to go walk some Pokémon Go routes.  I didn't.  
I was going to go up to Batesville.  I didn't.  
I was going to start cleaning up the mess in the spare bedroom.  I didn't.  

One thing I did do, though is find a hat pattern written for sock weight yarn.  It's got a coordinating cowl, and both are pretty mindless, so I can knit them while watching TV.   As soon as I had my patterns, I had to go stash diving.  The patterns for each said 100g of yarn, so just to be sure, I wanted to find yarn I had two skeins of and came up with these.  

They are from my friend Leann's shop Forbidden Fiber, Co.  There isn't a colorway name, because she was clearancing out discontinued lines, and had a one-off sale.  This one just happened to have two left, so I snapped them up.  


The Incarnation of Evil was highly upset that I disturbed her nap, but ultimately approved of my yarn choice.  A 144 stitch cast on later, and the hat is underway.  


If you're not already a fan, do go check out Leann's shop.  She's got a special colorway called After The Storm, which is to raise money for those affected by the recent hurricanes.  

OK, moving right along.  Another thing I did was to go do my weekly shopping, and even that was after a long internal debate with myself.  After all, there wasn't really anything I absolutely had to have this week, but I went anyway -- telling myself I needed to at least get out of the house.  

While I was there, I picked up another Squishmallow, reasoning that this one can at least count as a Thanksgiving decoration.  


In other news, it was time for my semi-annual pressure washing of the bricks outside my back door.  


They're not as clean as I'd like them, but I got most of the moss off.  I've been debating on what to do with them anyway since I discovered earlier this year that there is a concrete slab underneath them.  I've actually thought about getting some 16" x 16" patio stones from Lowe's and building myself a small patio.  I used to have one before the plumber pulled it up to repair my sewer line -- a month after I moved into this house.  I don't need anything very big -- just enough to put a fire pit and an egg chair out there.  

Days like today would be wonderful to sit out there drinking my morning coffee, or to sit out there at night watching the stars.  Speaking of stars, I walked out last night to see if the aurora was visible again, but nope.  Just a faint glow that is more than likely from the gas stations up at the intersection of I-55 and Hwy 7.  I thought it was nifty that I could capture the stars with my phone's camera.  


There is a comet that is supposed to be visible starting tonight, and I'm going to walk out to the empty field to see if I can see it.  I've missed the last two because of all of the trees around here, but now that they've cleared most of those woods out, maybe I can see this one. 

Well, I just got off the phone with Cody -- and by off the phone, I mean we were texting-- and unfortunately Brennan wasn't able to get the day off work for the company picnic, so I guess I'll be going solo this year.  But he was telling me about some Celtic festival they have every year down in the Jackson area.  He's going to find out the date for next year, and maybe I can go to that.  It sounds like something right up my alley. 

And now, I need to get off of here because it's almost time for the Red River Rivalry.  Hook 'Em!  

Oh, and some clever person marked the location of the Vanderbilt goalpost on Google Earth. 


Yep, I checked.  That is my own screenshot up there.   They've taken the actual goalpost out of the river, but the spot is marked for...well, until someone edits Google Earth.  

Oh, and one last thing before I go, cheesy Christmas movies start on Great American Family tonight!  I know I said yesterday, but I forgot what day it was.  It's tonight.  I'll need multiple screens again, because LSU plays Ole Miss at the same time.

What can I say?  I gotta be me!
 

No comments: