Wednesday, October 02, 2024

Better

I hope you'll be pleased to know, my back is feeling much better today.  I'm still getting the odd twinge or two but the spasms so severe I thought I was going to throw up have settled down.  I slept pretty good last night on top of that.  Maybe because I had been so exhausted yesterday.  

In fact, I felt well enough that I dug up a few more daylily bulbs when I got home. 


I didn't get very far, but at least I have a path wide enough to get the lawnmower through, should I choose to mow again this year. 


Eh, I'll probably knock the grass down at least one more time this year.  Especially in the front yard.   

One nice thing about having a privacy fence -- I felt much more comfortable leaving the wheel barrow out (since we're not expected to get any rain for a while) without worrying that it will wander off...so to speak.  

In book news, I finished reading The Ancient Origins Of Modern Holidays.  It was pretty interesting, but some of his information was a bit sus.  The author claims to be a Christian, but parts of this book gave me the heebie jeebies.  I can't really explain it.  It was just a vague creepiness.  If you can find it on sale, give it a shot, but I wouldn't recommend paying full price for it. 

Now I'm re-reading The Paradise War, by Stephen R. Lawhead.  I've read it before, and it's one of those books I can read over and over again. 

Other than that, there isn't a whole heck of a lot to talk about today.  One of the meteorologists I follow on social media posted this photo this morning.  


 You can clearly se where Helene left her path of destruction.  

You can also see people all over pulling together to help.  Elon Musk has made Starlink free for the next 30 days for people in the affected area, and the Y'all Squad has bought the hook up thingies and delivered them to the most ravaged areas.  

Samaritan's Purse and Cajun Navy are also on site and delivering supplies.  I even heard of a mule train taking in necessities to the most cut off areas.  

Now we have hurricane Kirk in the Atlantic.  He is expected to live long and prosper, but will be one for the fishes.  Thank goodness.  

We're about hurricaned out for this year. 

No comments: