Saturday, October 05, 2024

I Gotta Stop

My leg is getting so sore, I'm going to have to stop for a while.  Digging up bones..um, bulbs, I mean.  This morning, I started on this patch of spider lilies.  


I know the picture isn't the best, but you can kind of see the stems sticking up, even though all the blooms have died back.  I didn't dig very many, but between those and what I dug up yesterday, I've already got a five gallon bucket nearly full of bulbs.  I picked out a few to take to my coworker who wanted some, but I don't know what I'm going to do with the rest. 

I got a few more daylilies dug up, too. I've still got a bunch more to go, though, but as I said, my leg is getting mighty sore. 

I'm also going to have to figure out what to do with this rose.  


It's a climbing rose, so it can't stay in the middle of the yard where it is now without any structure, and I don't want to put a trellis right there.  I have this thing about stuff in the middle of my yard.  I want it all around the edges -- I guess because I don't want to have to mow around it.

Yeah, I know you're probably tired of hearing about my yard, but what with my knitting being incognito right now, there isn't much else to talk about.   I've spent the rest of the day watching football.  Navy handled Air Force easily, leading up to what will be an epic showdown against Army. 


 Then I watched A&M upset Mizzou, and Vandy upset Bama, and looked around for all the mouthy Alabama fans -- who got suddenly very quiet.

Oh, and we have tropical storm Milton in the Gulf, heading for ... Florida.  He's expected to be a Cat 3 at landfall.  Lord, help those people.  They've been through enough already. 

I know this is short, but I need my computer to watch more football, so see ya!

No comments: