Wednesday, October 09, 2024

I Started Something

I think I started something out at work, but not in a bad way.  See, the doctor recommended I do squats throughout the day when it was too hot to go walking after work, so that's what I've been doing.  The intention is to do 5 every half hour, but the reality is I do 5 whenever I think about it.   One of the other brazers has decided to join me, and I've seen a couple more doing random squats...

Today, she -- the other brazer -- was doing her squats when Junior walked up to her and said, "What are you doing dropping it like it's hot?"  Very inappropriate, if you ask me.  He's one of those people that tries so hard to connect with others, but is incapable of comprehending how unlikeable he really is.  I can't stand him and won't even speak to him unless I absolutely have to.  

In other work news, I got randomly selected to do a Lennox wide survey titled, "A Great Place To Work."  After I stopped laughing, I filled out the survey, not that it'll do any good.  I've done tons of them and nothing has gotten any better.  Part of the problem is that most employees out there aren't completely honest because they fear for their jobs.  I stopped caring years ago, so I told them exactly what I think.  Like I said, it won't do any good, but still...

By the way, did I mention what we have to do now?  Meaning the brazers?  We have to write out tubing's scrap tickets.  For example, if someone over in tubing makes too many headers, it's the brazer who does that order that has to go get a scrap ticket, then hunt down a supervisor to sign it, then go put it into the scrap bin.  It's bad enough that we have to order -- then go find -- partials when they don't do enough, now suddenly we're responsible for writing up their scrap tickets when they do too many -- or when they mess a part up, or it gets squshed in the machine, or if they just don't feel like fooling with it they'll just toss it into a bin and send it over to us and we have to take care of it.  The only thing I should have to write a scrap ticket for is if I braze something wrong or if I burn something up.  

I'm telling you, when the plant gets back up to full capacity and full speed and running what we used to run every day out there, changes are going to have to be made or we will not be able to keep up.  Not the way things are now.  The only reason we are ahead now is because the lines are only running about half of what they're supposed to.  

They've got so much stuff piled onto the brazers that has nothing to do with brazing and this is because there is absolutely no accountability in the tubing department.  They aren't required to count their parts to make sure there are enough and just enough.  They aren't required to check their parts to make sure they're correct.  They expect the brazers to do all that.  Heck, they don't even have to confirm their work in the computer, because they know if they don't, the brazers will have to do that, too.  No wonder we're all stressed out and exhausted.  

In other other work news, one of the brazers fell Monday evening at her home and broke her leg, so she's going to be out for quite a while.  I'm sure she'd appreciate your prayers if you've a mind to.  But that means we're now even more shorthanded -- because they never replaced the two brazers who quit earlier this year.  So, yay.  More stress.  That still didn't stop them from moving someone to the line, though.  

In other other news, as some of you saw yesterday, I am done posting links to the blog on Facebook because they removed yesterday's post, claiming I was trying to get likes or clicks in a misleading way.  What on Earth was misleading about that post?  The really infuriating part is, real scammers and spammers don't get taken down.  For example, I love that show The Chosen, and every single season there are groups that pop up on Facebook claiming you can stream the new season now -- sometimes they show up even before that season has started filming.  All you have to do is give them your credit card number and they'll give you early access.  We in the real fan club group report them and report them, but FB claims such things don't violate community standards, but my knitting and gardening do somehow.  Go figure.  

All that to say, from now on, I'll be posting only on the sites listed below.

X: FMFBecky

MeWe:  Becky Gunstream

And by special request Truth Social:  FMFBeckyG

And of course, you can always use Feedly. 

I have in the past posted links to other social media sites -- Gab and the like -- but they didn't bring enough traffic to the blog to make the effort worth it.  I'll post to them for a few days, just to see if anyone cares, but I'm convinced by this time that most of my hits are from Facebook's bots crawling through past posts to see what they can remove.  

In knitting news, I've finished the knitting portion of my incognito project, and all I need to do now is graft it, so I will soon have another project I can share with you.   I've been seeing ads for some place called Arcane Fiber Works, and they have the most gorgeous colors.  I'm tempted to buy some, but I probably won't.  Their worsted weight is a bit too pricy for charity work, and usually for that kind of money, I'm going to get sock/fingering weight.  Not that I need any more.  I've still got all this I need to do something with. 

Some of that is lace weight, but most of it is fingering weight.  What to do with it all?  Well, duh, make socks of course.  Alas, I can't wear hand knit socks any more because of the steel toed boots we have to wear at work.  They make the toes of my socks wear out way too fast, and it's just not worth it.  I buy store bought socks and go through them like water as it is. 

I could make hats out of it all, but I'd have to find a new charity to donate them to.  The Seaman's Church Institute wants hats made from worsted or bulky weight, so this won't do for that.  Eh, I'll figure out something.  I used to enjoy knitting so much.  I need to get back into it -- more than just hats.  

But I like hats.  They're simple, easy to work on while I'm watching TV, and there is always a need for them somewhere.  I'm thinking I might try to send a few up to North Carolina, if I can find a place to send them to.  

Which segues nicely into hurricane Milton.  I'm watching Ryan Hall's livestream, and Milton has made landfall.  With that, I think I'll leave you here and go watch it in bed. 

Goodnight all. 

No comments: