Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Ghosts

Guess who is off Saturday?  Go on, guess!  

They posted it today, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much.  Knowing that place, they'll come around at 2:45 Friday afternoon and say, "OH, we meant everyone BUT tubing."  

But just in case, I'm going to run up to the Farmer's Market on the square and see if the lady has any salsa made.  It's still kind of early in the season, but I don't know when I'll get another Saturday off.  Also, everything I'd planned on doing this afternoon has been procrastinated, except for I did get my cheesecloth out and make little makeshift bags around my sunflowers. 


 Heh, they kind of look like ghosts floating in my front yard.  

In other news, I think I'm going to try to make pesto with my basil.  I've never had pesto and in truth, if I hadn't started watching cooking competitions like Masterchef, I probably would have never even heard of it.  But, I looked up some recipes online and it looks pretty easy.  It's just basil, parmesan, olive oil, pine nuts, garlic, and salt.  I'm not sure I'll have enough basil, since something seems to be chowing down on it, but some of the recipes say you can substitute baby spinach to make up the difference.  

Speaking of, I bought some mixed salad greens last week, because I was going to start eating healthy and all, and they're slowly wilting in my crisper drawer.  I think I'll go eat some of them here in a bit. 

After my shower.  

1 comment:

Amnicon Studio said...

I have lettuce in the fridge. ... Yeah, I still haven't made that salad! ha!