Saturday, July 01, 2023

Staycation

Today was the first day of my long awaited staycation and I did…absolutely nothing. 

Other than my normal weekend chores, I mean.  You know, laundry, house work, etc.  Except mowing. I didn’t mow.  This heat is supposed to break sometime tomorrow, so I’m going to wait until probably Monday or Tuesday to mow.  I didn't go get a bigger water bowl for the deer, either.  That'll also have to wait until sometime next week.  I didn't make it to the Farmer's Market on the square. In fact, I barely ventured out of the house at all.  

So what did I do? I watched TV and finished a hat. 


Then I watched some more TV and finished another hat.

I tried to write a letter to my Australian pen pal, but ran into a bit of a snag.


 Oh, I got my wireless printer connected to my phone's hot spot.  I'll just have to remember to keep said printer turned off when I'm not actually using it.  I don't think it'll eat that much data just sitting there idle, but why chance it?  

And finally, I've finished the second book and started the third in the Legend trilogy by Marie Lu.  It dragged a bit more than the first one did, but it was OK overall.  Typical dystopian trope in which a teenage girl -- and in this case, her teenage boy sidekick -- save the world.  And yes, she does have two love interests.  They're as predictable as a Hallmark movie.  

I think once I'm done with this, I'll read a few more of Shakespeare's plays.  I've read some of them, but not all.  I need to finish my Sherlock Holmes collection, as well.  

But for right now, I'm going to watch some Digging For The Truth episodes on YouTube.  They have all three seasons up now, so I'm pretty chuffed about that. 

Laters. 

No comments: