Thursday, July 27, 2023

Lemon Balm

I woke up feeling much better today than I did yesterday.  I don't know what the deal was; I just felt awful all day.  Yesterday, I mean.  I had intended to come home and get the lemon balm ground and bottled, but I didn't.  I just sat and watched Shark Week.  Heh, I even watched the last episode in bed, barely able to keep my eyes open.  But it was Andy and Tristan, so I wanted to see it. 

Oh, and finished yet another headband.

So, today, I came home and did what I didn't do yesterday.  I put on another episode of Shark Week and got the old lemon balm out.  

We almost had an incident when the cat jumped up onto the kitchen counter where I was working, but I managed to catch her tail just before it got into the herbs.  She wasn't happy with me, but she got off of the counter.  

Anyway, I didn't think I'd get that much out of that bunch of lemon balm, but it was enough to fill up a jar just over half way.   

Once I was done, I went out and cut some more, and I also cut some of my rosemary to start it drying. 


I also picked a few leaves off of each to make myself a cup of tea here in a little bit. 

Well, they put up a notice yesterday that we're having another shutdown next Friday.  Just one day, this time, though, so that's good.  Or better than a whole week, at least.   One of my coworkers said that it's good that it's that day, because it's the first day of school.  I said, "I think that's why [The Big Man Up Front] picked it."  I mean, he's always picked holidays or school breaks for the shutdowns, so I'm not surprised that he chose this one, too. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we had an extra day off for Labor Day, then the whole weak at Thanksgiving, too.  And there is still the rumor that we're going to have a month long shutdown in December as well.  I was debating on turning my internet back on before the holidays start, but I want to wait and see what's going to happen with that shutdown first. 

I'll just have to find another way to watch my cheesy Christmas movies.  

No comments: