Friday, July 21, 2023

Oops

 I accidentally bought a popsicle maker today.  Really…

But how does one accidentally buy a popsicle maker? Well, I’ll tell you.

I’d wandered down the clearance aisle at Walmart, as is my custom. While wandering down the aforementioned clearance aisle, I just happened to spot the aforementioned popsicle maker. 

“Cool!” I said to myself. “I can make popsicles just like we did when I was a kid!” And I promptly put the aforementioned popsicle maker into my as yet unmentioned buggy and went on my merry way.

A few moments later, I thought better of it and went to put the popsicle maker back onto the shelf. Alas, by then, the clearance aisle was crowded with fellow bargain hunters, so I decided to come back later.

If you know me at all, you know exactly where this is headed…

The next time I even thought about the popsicle maker was when I was unloading my buggy onto the checkout line.  

I guess next time I mow, I’ll have some Gatorade popsicles to cool off with. Which won’t be today, or likely tomorrow, either.  It has been so hot in the plant this week, I just don't have it in me.  The grass can just grow for another week. I think I'll stick with indoor chores for a few days. 

But there is hope on the horizon...Look what I found in the store today!  


It's almost enough to bring a tear to my eye. 

No comments: