Monday, July 10, 2023

No Post

 No post today, even though I have stuff to talk about. The first day back at work after ten days off has me a bit…well, wiped out. 

However, I did want to show you the cunning hat I finished, less the Pom Pom, of course.


The original pattern calls for Lamb’s Pride bulky weight yarn, but that stuff is a bit pricey, so I’ve been knitting with two strands of worsted held together. Normally, I use a size 10 needle, but this time, I went up to an 11. 

Probably shouldn’t have done that, because the hat is big enough to fit an elephant. 

OK, I exaggerate, but it is a little on the roomy side. I’m going to cast on another one using 10.5 needles. Maybe that one will fit better. 

I’ve been debating on whether I should adapt this pattern to my normal 80 stitch worsted weight yarn cast on. It shouldn’t be too hard to do. I know most people just knit a regular ear flap beanie in Jayne colors, but I like the level of detail in this one.

That’s it for today. I’m going to go get something to eat, the go to bed early. 

Laters.

No comments: