Friday, June 30, 2023

I’m Free!

For a week, at least. 

I'd enjoy this time off more if I were getting paid for more than two days of it, but still, I'm free for a week!  I'm not sure what I'm going to do while I'm off, but I'm making myself a list.  Number 1:  Finish cleaning up that back corner of my yard.  Number 2:  call the surveyor.

Oh, boy.  Phone call.  Sigh...

Not sure what else I'm going to do other than stay in the air conditioning as much as possible and sleep as long as I want.  Sleep....That's what I'm looking forward to the most.  All that sleep.

Oh, here's a fun fact for you.  I found an online heat index calculator and just for funzies, I plugged in the temperature at my work station, and the relative humidity and came up with a heat index of 112.  Note that this is not outside.  It's at my work station, inside the plant.  Where I have to work all day. 

One hundred and twelve degrees. 

Another fun fact.  My air conditioner hasn't shut off since I got home.  

In other news, I've noticed the last couple of days that my mint plants hadn't been doing so well, so this afternoon, I moved the sweet mint into the raised bed.  


The peppermint seems to be doing a little better, but then it is in a bigger pot.  My lemon balm is doing great, 


As is my pineapple sage. 


Now, I just need to figure out what to do with them.  I'm thinking about going ahead and drying some of the leaves to put back and make my own tea blends this winter.  I'll have plenty of time for all that though.  

A few hours later, I went and checked on my sweet mint, and it's perked up considerably.  I think it'll be OK.


The only other thing I've done is to put the dogs' old water dish out by the fence and fill it up for the wild critters.  


If I can manage to get myself moving tomorrow, I might run in to Tractor Supply and see if they have a 5 gallon size.  I'm sure the deer will appreciate it.  

No comments: