Friday, July 14, 2023

Forgetting Something

I feel like I’m forgetting something. I don’t know what it could be though…

By the way, this is my t shirt.

No, I didn’t spray it with a water hose. That’s all me.  My sweat, I mean. But at least I got the mowing done, and won’t have that chore hanging over my head all weekend.  My big project for the weekend is to get my new mailbox put up.  I'm going to try to do that early tomorrow morning, before it gets too hot.  Then it'll just be laundry and house cleaning for the rest of the day.  And knitting while watching TV, of course. 

Speaking of TV, I finished watching The Office, and I'm not quite sure what to do with myself now.  I really liked the way they ended the show, but won't spoil it for those of you who haven't seen it.  I'd started watching Heartland on the BYUtv app, and I'm enjoying it, but I don't like the way the app won't keep track of where I am in the series.  I have to scroll down to the next episode every time.  But, that's the only place I've found where I can watch it for free, so I'll just have to put up with it.  

The whole reason I even told you about finishing The Office was to say that now I can cut my Peacock off.  I've got until September before it goes back to full price, but wasn't really watching anything else on it. My Hulu is due to turn itself back on next month, if I don't reactivate it sooner, which I might do.  I need to get back to watching The X-Files.  It's on FreeVee, but that app won't work with my little HDMI adapter thingy, so I have to watch it on my phone.  With Hulu, I can watch on the big TV.  

Also, I think my piano mojo is back.  The problem was -- at least part of the problem was -- in my Alfred's piano course book, I'd run into a stretch where I was having to learn songs I just didn't like.  I didn't like the songs, I didn't like playing them. Heh, the last one, I just flat out skipped.  I mean, I played it for a few days, then decided enough was enough and moved on.  

Now, I'm working on some songs I actually like.  I might even try to record them for you tomorrow.  Just remember, I'm still learning them, so they won't be perfect.  My biggest problem now is that cat of mine.  She's either napping on the piano bench, or she comes running and lays across the keyboard the moment she hears me playing.  

And finally, remember a few days ago when we had that big meeting at work?  The supervisor said there'd be some changes, and he wasn't kidding.  What he's finally started doing is making the tubing department fill out a form on which they have to write down the order number, the part number, and how many of that part they made.  

Wonder of wonders, now that tubing has to keep track of what they do, suddenly we have parts to braze!  It's amazing what a little accountability can accomplish.  If they keep this up, we might eventually dig ourselves out of that huge hole they'd gotten us into. 

I reckon that's all for tonight.  I'm plumb wiped out, so I think I'll head for bed.

Goodnight.  

No comments: