Saturday, February 11, 2023

Knitting Like Mad

 Guess what it did today.  Go on, guess!  I'll bet you can't...

If you said rain, give yourself a cookie, because yes it did rain yet again.  It was a good day to sit inside and finish another headband. 


Even though it came out smaller than the pattern said it's supposed to be, it still looks huge.  I think I might have to adjust the pattern a bit.  In the meantime, I bought size 8 needle yesterday and cast on one with that. This yarn is Red Heart Autumn.


I've always liked this colorway.  One of these days, I'm going to make something for myself with it. 

While I'm thinking about it, I also bought an new food dish for the cat.  


I'd bought her an automatic feeder when I first got her, but it never worked right.  The opening between the container and the bowl was too small and the food wouldn't drop down into the bowl.  I wish I'd kept the old one I had, but I hadn't planned on getting another cat after we lost the Squeaker.  Anyway, I figured if I was going to have to keep filling the bowl up anyway, might as well get just a regular dish.  I thought this one was cute.  A bit expensive, but cute nonetheless.  

I'm sure you will all be pleased to know I found someone to buy firewood from.  I'd contacted one of the local tree service people and asked if they had any wood for sale.  I could have sworn I'd seen them post on FB about having firewood for sale, but it must have been someone else, because they told me they didn't, but gave me the number of a guy who does. 

I called him and let me tell you, that man likes to talk!  As we say here in the South, he talked my ear off.  Heh, several times in the conversation, he said, "To make a long story short", and I'd think, "yeah, it's too late for that..."  

So, to make a long story short...sorry, I couldn't resist...he's going to get me some ready and bring it late next week.    I should be all set for a while.  I might even splurge and light a fire in the morning. 

No comments: