Friday, February 10, 2023

Doldrums

Hey there!  I'm back.  Did you miss me?  

I've been stuck in the doldrums a bit here lately.  I don't know why.  I've had stuff to talk about, but no desire to actually....talk about it.  All I was going to do was gripe about work anyway.  Like how our new production manager doesn't understand why I'd need a safety barrier between my brazing neighbor's 1600° flame and my head.  

Seriously.  Do you see how close her striker is to my table?  

Not only that, do you see the white spot on the aforementioned safety barrier?  Here, let me show you close up.  This one:

Do you know what that is?  I do.  

It's where her flame burns the safety barrier -- the one my production manager doesn't think I need.  But as I started to type it all out, I realized I didn't really want to talk about all that.   I didn't really want to talk about anything.  Or do anything.  Or even knit...

All I've wanted to do lately is to sit and watch TV.  And drink smoothies.  

I'm telling you, I'm kicking myself for not having bought a Magic Bullet sooner.  I'd looked at them years ago, but decided against getting one because I already had a blender.  What a doofus I was!  I've had it two weeks now, and I'm using the heck out of it.  No recipes...I just toss stuff in there and blend it up.  One of my favorites to date has been half a banana, a hand full of salad greens, and almond milk.  In fact, I'm drinking it right now.   It's delicious.  

One thing I like about it is that it's so convenient.  It's small enough to leave on my counter all the time, and the blending container is also the drinking container means there's less to clean up.  Best of all, it's helping to reduce my sugar cravings.  So yay for that.  

I haven't even had the desire to practice my piano.  Oh, I've been playing through my songs, but I haven't been doing my Hanons or my sight reading exercises.   But here's something funny.  If you've been following my blog for a while, you know I'm working through two piano courses, Alfred's and Michael Aaron's.  In my Alfred's book, I've been working on learning this song:

It's a fun song to play, and I might even record it for you this weekend.  Just be aware it won't be note perfect, since I am still learning it.  About a week into learning it, I suddenly went "HEY!"  Why did I go "HEY!" you ask?  Well, I'll tell you. 

It's because in this song is this line:


"And if you care to hear the Swanee River played in ragtime."  And?  By sheer happenstance, the song I'm learning in my Aaron's course is.....drumroll please...

The Swanee River! 


I kid you not, I did not do this on purpose.  It just fell that way.  

Really.  It did.  But it's still pretty cool, don't you think? 

No comments: