Saturday, February 25, 2023

It's Official

Sort of...

Someone asked the Big Man Up Front if the rumor that had been going around the plant that they were going to lay a bunch of people off and cut back to one shift was true, and he said no it's not.   He did say, however, that we were definitely looking at the very real possibility that we will be cutting back to 32 hour work weeks before the year is out.  

Oh, boy...  Last time we did this, it was 9 years before we we were able to work full 40 hour weeks.  

With that in mind, I made the decision to go ahead and cut my Hulu back to the cheapest plan, which means I no longer have any live TV service at all.  Oh, wait, that's not true.  I have the full version of Peacock, and they do offer some live stuff, mostly sports, and I can stream MPB live on the PBS app as well.  And some of those free apps have live TV, just not local networks like CBS and FOX and stuff.  

Dropping my Hulu plan also cuts out Disney + and ESPN +, which I seldom used, but couldn't figure out how to un-bundle them.  But I've still got Prime, and there's always YouTube, so it's not like I'll be hurting for stuff to watch.  I'd mostly watched everything after the fact anyway.  

In knitting news, I finished the headband I'd been working on,  

the one I'd knit from the huge original pattern.  I still had this much of the original headband left over. 


 I think I'll use it to cast on a hat, then just join the skein when I get to the end of this yarn. I also re-knit this one using the modified pattern.  

I used my size 8 needles or this one, and it came out about an inch longer, but there wasn't really enough of a difference to ....um, make a difference.   Still, I think I'll do some with each needle size and call them large and small.  

I need to write down what I'm doing, too, because right now, I'm still kind of winging it.  

Well, well, well, will you look at this.  My Whatever Cacti are blooming. 


By the way, my work place has a YouTube Channel now.  They have two videos up and one subscriber.  And that one subscriber would be me. 

Anyway, here for your viewing pleasure, is their first video. 


Let me tell you, that was some creative editing, because that doesn't look anything like where I work.  

And finally, I'm pretty sure it was these little buggers that inspired that Alfred Hitchcock film. Give a listen:


It wasn't the dead of night, but they were singing, and they did learn to fly...

OK, I'm going to stop now.  

Laters...

No comments: