Tuesday, July 09, 2019

Monday's Ugly Sister

It's Tuesday.  I've often heard Tuesday described as Monday's ugly sister.  Boy, they weren't kidding there!  At least not today.  I was kind of hoping it would be a better day at work.  It wasn't.  If anything, it was worse. I swear, that place is sooooo unorganized it's a wonder they've even stayed in business this long.  Let's just say, by the end of the day, I was so exhausted, I was literally shaking.  I really do think they're trying to kill us out there. 

To make matters worse, someone somewhere is haying.  How do I know?  I'm over here gasping like a fish out of water.  I haven't been able to take a deep breath in two days.

And don't even get me started on how hot it is.  He he, my English pen pal was complaining about the heat where she lives.  She said it's 29C.  That translates to 84 F.  And every Southern reader just spit ice tea all over his computer screen.

On the other hand, I saw this in my carport yesterday.


Someone posted an article saying Farmer's Almanac is predicting another cold, snowy winter.  Alas, I can't find it again to verify, though.  Still, the solid black woolly bear -- and very early in the year at that -- has got to count for something.

But for now, it's July, and it's hot.  The last thing I want to see is my coworkers tossing their deodorant.  Uh uh, lay that baby on thick! 


I don't even want to know who is eating popcorn in the bathroom.  That's how we know society is doomed.  No, I take it back.  THIS is how we know society is doomed.


Grown folks.  I'm supposed to be working with grown folks. 

Speaking if, is this not the nastiest thing you've ever seen? 


And looky, there's a matching one in the other bathroom!


Seriously, we're down to only two working sinks in the front bathroom, and three in the back bathroom.  Once upon a time, they used to fix this stuff.  Long, long winters ago. 

I guess they're trying to make our bathrooms so disgusting that we won't want to leave our work area to go use them.  Or something. 

On the bright side, remember a few weeks ago when one of my coworkers called out Brazing Boss for putting leaks down when the lines weren't even running her work?  And her supervisor backed her up?  Well, ever since then, everyone's leak rate has dropped.  Drastically. 

Funny thing, that...



No comments: