Friday, July 19, 2019

Dear Port Isaac

We all hate you right now. 

Sincerely,

Everyone. 





You know it's hot when you open up your Gatorade, and think the top came off mighty easy and wonder if someone tampered with it, but you're so hot you don't even care, so you drink it anyway -- potential spit and all.

I would like to know, however, what's in them Popsicles the plant hands out.   It was so hot, we were all about to fall out.  We were like men crawling across the desert, calling water, water.  Only we were saying popsicles, popsicles.  One coworker joked that she was going to get on the P.A. and say, "Hey!  We need some popsicles out here!" 

She didn't actually do it, but they must have read her mind, because not 30 minutes later, here they came with popsicles.    Before, I was so hot, I was actually feeling sick to my stomach, weak and shaky.  I ate my popsicle, and felt so much better.  It was like magic. 

When I got home, my hireling had already come and cut my grass!  Woo hoo!  Not only do I not have to get out into the heat, but that's two hours I have to myself, instead of to mowing.  I still need to cut behind the fence, though.  I told him not to do that part.  It's not my property, and by golly, I'm not paying to have someone cut grass I don't even own. 

You know, introverts have a very vibrant imagination anyway.  My imaginary conversations and adventures fill many a tedious hour up at the plant.  Yet, here lately, I think the heat has been baking my brains.  Yeah, the last couple of days, in my imagination, I've been teaching my white headed shanty men...um...Schoolhouse Rock songs.

I'm just a bill, Oh, I'm only a bill
A noun is a person, place, or thing
Verb!  That's what's happening
Elbow room, elbow room, got to got to get me some elbow room
Lolly's Lolly's Lolly's get your adverbs here
Interplanet Janet she's the galaxy girl, solar system miss from different world...

I've long since given up trying to find an explanation for such things. 

Conjunction Junction, what's your function?  





No comments: