Saturday, July 06, 2019

Small Town Conversations

I needed gas, both for my car and for my lawn mower.  Yesterday evening, I drove down to the gas station, and noticed a UPS truck parked there.  While I was filling my tank, the UPS driver came out of the station.  It was my regular delivery guy.  We spoke. 

How you doing?  All right, and you?  Then he turned and looked at me, thought a minute and said -- my address.  I said yep, and we carried on our conversation.  He asked about my snakes and the dogs.  We chatted a bit more, and he went on his way.  I thought, "That's life in a small town."  Everywhere you go, you're going to run into someone you know. 

All right then...

My weekend -- my beautiful, glorious, long weekend - is almost over.  That thought just makes me want to cry.  It was a good weekend.  A good long weekend.  It kind of felt like the week between Christmas and New Year's Day -- fat, full of junk food, and having no idea what day it was.  I had time to get all my chores done, plus practice both my instruments, and watch my traditional Independence Day movies.  That's a feeling I haven't had in a long, long time -- having time to do stuff.

While I was watching all those movies, I finished another hat for my friend Kristine's blessing bags.


The pattern is called Coriolis, and it's a PDF I downloaded a while back.  I couldn't even tell you where to find it.  The yarn is Caron Simply Soft, and honestly, it wasn't the best choice for this pattern.  That yarn is very splitty, and this pattern has a lot of SSKs in it.  I had to be careful not to poke the needles between the plies, as they separated quite easily.   Next time, I'm just going to make a plain stocking hat from it.

While I was at the store, I picked up one more skein off the clearance aisle.


That's all the good hat yarn they had left -- until they clearance out some more, at least.  Not that I need more.  I have enough to last a lifetime. 

The only bad thing that happened was this.  I finished my King Arthur virtual race on Yes.fit, and my medal arrived yesterday.  When I opened it up, a couple of the sword hilts were broken off.


Bummer, because it was such a cool medal.  I've already contacted customer service, sending them a photo, and they are going to send me a new one.  I asked, and they said I don't have to send the broken one back.  I'm now wondering if I can glue the hilts back on, and have two.  Or maybe I'll just toss it, I don't know. 

When I'd ordered --um something from Amazon, I don't remember what it was now -- a while back,  I also tossed a new wax stamp into my basket.


I think I'm going to have to expand my Christmas card list, just so I can use all my new stamps, because I've got several more I want to get.  So, if you didn't get a card from me last year, and want one, send me your address and I'll add you to the list.

Last, but certainly not least, my Moss Rose are looking beautiful.  I've got a couple that have different color flowers on the same plant.


I'm definitely going to keep these in my beds from now on. 







No comments: