Sunday, July 21, 2019

Don't Know

I don't know what has been floating around in the air lately, but I woke up this morning feeling like my head was about to explode.  To make matters worse, yesterday morning when I was eating my waffles, another tooth broke off.  It had to have been mostly broken anyway, to fall out so easily.  Good thing I have a dentist appointment already scheduled for next week.  Also good, that tooth had had the same crown on it for 35 years.  At least I got my money's worth out of it. A few years ago, it abscessed, so I'd already had a root canal done.  It doesn't hurt at all, except the thought of paying another dental expense.

I'm thinking this time around, I might go for an implant.  That has been the long term plan all along ---- to get all my missing teeth replaced with implants --but I I haven't been able to afford such an expense.  What with the credit card being nearly paid off, and only two more years to pay on my car, I think I'm just about in a financial position I can start doing that.  I'll discuss it with the dentist when I go. 

In other news, my two zinnias that I was worried about appear to have given up the ghost.  I was looking at Walmart to see if maybe they had any single moss rose I could replace those zinnias with, but they hardly had anything left.  What they did have looked pretty sad. 

I did find these dark purple Vincas that didn't look too terribly wilted, so I got them.


I didn't put them into the same place, though.  My hireling cut down my wildflower bed, thinking they were weeds, so I put them there.  I don't remember ever seeing any this color before.  Oh, I'm sure they've been there all along, but my eyes are more drawn to oranges, yellows, and pinks -- at least for my flower beds.

Look at this:


It looks like I might have some muscadines this year.  I've got a huge vine out back that is growing up all over some privet. 


The plan has been to cut down all the privet, then build some sort of arbor to spread the grapes out on.  Alas, that is something else I've had neither the time nor the money to do.  I did get out last winter and cut a bunch of the privet back, but that's about all I've been able to do. 

Maybe this winter I can get something done about it.

Well, I finally broke down and turned my piano around. 


Where it was sitting, it wasn't getting much light back in that corner.  I was having to open the blinds on the front door, so I could see the music. (Not having gotten new glasses in 5 years might just be a factor in that, as well.) Now that the solstice has come and gone, it's going to start getting dark much earlier, and that will soon be no longer an option.  Plus, I didn't like the idea that people driving down the road could look into my house.  I was spending more time looking over my shoulder than playing.  This'll solve that problem, too.

In knitting news, the slouchy hat is coming along just fine.


All I did was cast on my usual 80 stitches, then do a bunch of increases.  I'm going to have to count when I get to the decrease rounds, because right now, I have no idea how many stitches are on my needles. 

Lastly, the temperatures aren't supposed to get out of the 80s all this week!  I can't wait!

Image may contain: text

No comments: