Thursday, July 18, 2019

For Want Of A Title

I think my job is trying to kill me.  Seriously, I'm beginning to think they're trying to work us absolutely to death.  Between driving us into the ground like dogs, and the heat, yeah, I really am beginning to wonder. 

By the end of the shift today, I was so exhausted, I was literally shaking and having dizzy spells.  It's a good thing my friend didn't like those lemon donuts she got out of the machine, because if she hadn't given them to me, I'm not sure I would have made it home without that extra shot of sugar.  When I did get home, I was trying to talk to the air conditioner man, and it's a wonder he could even understand me, because I know I was barely coherent.   Supper was half a can of Vienna sausages, a Babybel, and a Klondike Bar.  I was too tired to fix anything else. 

But wait, why was the air conditioner man at my house?  Well, I'll tell you.  Yesterday evening, my A/C was making a horrible screeching noise.  It was so loud, I had to cut the unit off.  It had done that one day last week, too.  After this second episode, I called someone to come look at it.

Wouldn't you know it, this evening, it was running perfectly.  The A/C man said it's not shaking, the fan seems balanced, so he thought maybe a stick or something had gotten down into it and was rubbing.  He also said that sometimes when the motor is fixing to go out, it'll make noises like that, but my motor looks new.  I had to tell him I didn't even know how old the unit or anything was, because I've only lived here 4 years.  He did say my compressor is so old they don't even make those kind any more.

Anyway, he said to run that puppy until it quits completely, then he'll come out and change the motor out for me.  He didn't even charge me anything for today's visit.  So, that's a load off my mind.  I was worried that I'd have to cancel my Fiber Fun In The 'Sip trip to pay for it, but yay!  I'll still get to go.

That's my one big event for the year.  I booked my room for three nights this time around, so I can stay longer.   I hope I can spend more time in the Military Park, as well. 

More good news.  I found someone who will cut my grass.  He's going to cut it every other week, then I can do at least the front on the off weeks.  Yeah, it's a bit expensive, but between work and mowing, I'm wearing myself out. 

I went on a bit of a spending spree, but not much of one.  Prime Day was Monday and Tuesday, so I picked up an extra LifeStraw for my bug out bag.  The big orange blob is a camping hammock.


I thought about getting it out for a photo, but didn't want to have to stuff it all back in. I'll just leave it neatly rolled up until I'm ready to use it...although, now that I think about it, I might ought to get it out just to make sure all the parts are there.  Maybe Saturday.

Speaking of, we are working tomorrow, but have Saturday off.  I'm going to try to remember to go to the Farmer's Market this time.  I forgot last week until it was too late.  I want to get me some fresh tomatoes for tomato sandwiches.  The ones from the Farmer's Market are so much better than the ones from the store. 

Oh, by the way, I think my Zinnias are done for.  Bummer. 

The last thing I ordered wasn't from Amazon.  It was from 11Bravos.  They're the ones I got my DD-214 Alumni shirt.  I saw this one in a FB ad and had to have it.


I wish they had one that was more Navy themed, but this'll do. 

Never forget.

Mary Jo Kopechne
July 26, 1940 - July 18, 1969





No comments: