Thursday, January 21, 2016

Winter Storm

Yes, friends, we are under a winter storm warning.  Latest forecasts say we could get from 2 - 5" of snow accumulation.  Naturally, after work, I rushed to Walmart in a blind panic and bought all the milk and bread on the shelves. 

Bazinga. 

No, I really did go because I knew I wouldn't want to get out tomorrow -- which is my normal shopping day.  I bought what I would normally buy on my weekly shopping trips.  My one concession to the impending snow, I bought fake fire logs and fat wood. 


I usually use twigs from my yard as fire starter, but it's been raining all day long, and is supposed to rain all night long, and about half of tomorrow until it starts snowing.  Thus the fatwood.  And the fake logs.  They make good fire starters when your real wood is kind of wet.  Which reminds me...next reasonably dry day, I need to go split some more. 

Speaking of rain, after I got home, I opened the door to let Rylea out and she looked at me as if I had lost my mind.  

Look!  My new sheets are here! 


Cardinals wearing scarves and snow on pinecones.  I can't wait to get them on my bed -- but I want to wash them first, so I'll have to wait.

Finally, as if 20 lbs of shell macaroni weren't enough, I bought a case of ramen noodles. 


What can I say?  I like pasta. 

(The backstory is, when Cody was home for Christmas, I was lamenting that even ramen noodles were getting expensive.  They are up to .25 per pack!  Cody said, "Not if you buy them by the case."  I did a little price checking, and he's right.  By buying them by the case, I saved nearly 30% over buying them individually.)

(Not that that's important or anything.  Just thought I'd throw it out there.)

No comments: