Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Halfway

Shell macaroni is one of my favorite foods in the whole world.  I've loved it since I was a kid.  Plain with butter.  In a cold pasta salad.  In soups.  With cheese sauce.  Any way, any time.  I love it.

I've always kept some in the cabinet.  A few weeks ago, I noticed my supply was getting low.  My next trip to the store, I went to the spot where the Great Value Small Shell pasta was usually located.  There was some other product in that place.  They'd stopped carrying it.  They didn't even have a label on the shelf for it any more.  Oh, the despair! 

I was poking around on Walmart.com, ordering a new set of flannel sheets, and I thought I'd go check the grocery section.  The plan was to order a case of Ramen noodles and have them shipped directly to Cody down at Mississippi College.  Since I was there anyway, I checked for shell macaroni.  The Great Value brand was unavailable online, but I found another brand that has a good reputation.  (Face it, pasta is pretty much pasta.)

Since I can't seem to do anything halfway, I ordered the 20 pack.  I was thinking it was the small 6 oz. bags.  I was thinking wrong.

Yes, I am now the proud owner of 20 pounds of shell macaroni.  


On the bright side, if I ever decide to become a doomsday prepper, I've got a good start on pasta. 

Then I turned around and bought 11 books on Amazon. 

Because I can't ever do anything half way. 

Sigh...


And I never did get that case of Ramen ordered.


No comments: