Sunday, January 10, 2016

Christmas Is Over


Cody left right after lunch to head back to Mississippi College, which means Christmas is officially over.  There's always a bit of melancholy when the last lights come down and the house is quiet once again. 

Now that Christmas is over, Cody is safely back at school, and the cousins have been (mostly) moved to Texas, I can get back to trying to get this house organized.  Two things I did this weekend was to unpack all the yarn the MIL sent me and put it into one of the cabinets in the living room.


 It was a lot of yarn, I tell ya.  All different weights, too -- from sock weight to bulky.  I may never need to buy yarn again.

Speaking of, since 2013, I have only bought yarn once, and that was because my SIL requested a scarf in a specific color.  Other than that, not one scrap of yarn has been purchased by yours truly.  Now, I just need to spend less time on Facebook and more time knitting.

I did want to show you this.  My other sister in law Yoke Wan sent me this fruit bowl years and years and years ago.  In the trailer house, I never really had a place to put it.  I thought briefly about giving it to someone who could use it, but I really liked the bowl.  I kept it, hoping that some day, I'd have a place to display it.  

Now, I do.  I got it out of the box and put some balls of yarn (from my mother in law) into it. 


I'm kind of proud of the way it looks, because I've never had any sort of decorating sense. 

After Cody left, I spent some time tidying up my utility room.  I got all the junk up out of the floor and all the trash thrown out.  I still want to get some type of cabinet to put in there to put my mop and brooms and such in.  The biggest thing is, I moved the cat out of the computer/snake/craft room and into the utility room.


It had always been the plan to put her in there, but I was waiting for James to patch some holes in my drywall.  But I went ahead and moved her, and I'll just have to shift things around when he comes to fix those spots. 

Speaking of settled in, look at these two:



Settled in on the love seat, and the cat isn't trying to kill the dog!  She's getting mellow in her old age.  She's 15, in case you were wondering. 

The cat is 15, the dog is 9 in May, and the boy child is graduating college and going off to seminary in just a few months.

Where does the time go?




No comments: