Monday, August 10, 2015

Stop Fixing

what ain't broke!

You know the old saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"?  Yeah, I really wish people would listen to that.

Long time readers may remember about a year ago, I was having some troubles.  See, when women reach a certain age, they start going through some changes.  Some of the side effects of these changes can be rather unpleasant.  Hot flashes, mood swings, night sweats, and the like. 

When I began to feel these effects, I started taking a supplement called Estroven.  It worked pretty well, up until last year about this time, when they -- for some unknown reason -- decided to change the formula.  Suddenly, I might as well have been taking sugar pills.  Hot flashes so bad, I thought I was going to spontaneously combust.  Night sweats so bad the bed splashed.  Mood swings so Hyde like I don't even want to go there. 

After a few months of trying this supplement and that supplement, I found a combination that works for me.  I've been taking iCool, along with SAM-e, 5-HTP, and Black Cohosh.  No more hot flashes.  No more wild mood swings.  No more night sweats.

Until last week, when I noticed iCool has changed their formula.  Sigh, why can't they just leave things alone?  I've noticed that I've definitely been sweating more these last couple of weeks.  But then, that could be because it's a bazillion degrees outside.

Cody says Southerners are so religious because we get to preview Hell every summer. 

But there is hope on the horizon.  Football is back on the TV.  Kids are back in school.  And Fall decor is back in the stores.


You know, in the far Northern parts of the world, when the sun appears above the horizon for the first time in the Spring, they have a big celebration.  The sun is returning, and with it, life.  That's a little like how I feel this time of year. 

Football.  Fall.  A brief respite from the relentless heat.  And eventually, frost, hot chocolate, and hoodies. 

Life is returning. 

No comments: