Friday, August 28, 2015

Cranky

My internet is being cranky this evening, so this may or may not post.  Nevertheless, we must persevere.  I'm determined to get back to blogging regularly, once I get all moved and stuff.

Speaking of, I'm just a bit aggravated.  Someone was supposed to let me know today whether we would for sure be able to close on Monday, but I haven't heard a word from anyone.  I hope we can, since I already took the day off work.  People just don't understand how difficult it is to get a day off on short notice.  Oh, I can just call in, but then I'd lose my attendance bonus for the month, and that's a lot of money.

Well, well, well, funny thing.  Just as I was typing that, my phone binked.  It was a message from the mortgage person letting me know that we still plan on closing Monday.  She's just waiting for the termite report, but thinks it should be ready by Monday morning.  So, disregard all the previous griping. 

Now, on to some fun stuff.

I've always loved this movie, Mrs. 'Arris Goes To Paris.  I used to have a copy on VHS, but haven't been able to watch it since my VCR crapped out. I was thinking about it the other day and decided I would try to find it on DVD. 

Off to Amazon I went, and lo and behold, there it was.  I had to buy it from a third party seller, which made me a bit leery, but it arrived today, and was a real DVD.  Not a pirated copy filmed from someone's phone or anything like that.   


It arrived today, and I've already watched it.  It was just as good as I remembered.

What with all the house hunting and stuff, I'm afraid my poor flower bed has been rather badly neglected.  It's over run with grass and weeds, what hasn't died from lack of water, that is.  I was in the store yesterday, and they had some garden mums in pots.  I thought, what the heck, I'll pick one up.  I can always take it with me when I move.  They weren't but $6, and here it is.  


I love the cute little burlap bow.    It ought to be pretty when it blooms.  I've already hollered at Jesse for peeing on it.  

Number 7385 on the list of things I never thought I'd hear myself say, "Don't pee on my mums!"

All this week, I've been waking up in the 3 AM hour, and not been able to get back to sleep.  Tomorrow, I have to wake up in the 3 AM hour.   I have the feeling I won't be able to wake up.  
Figures...

 

No comments: