Wednesday, August 26, 2015

It's All Coming Together

We went to my new house today for the final walk through.  Everything is on track for us to close on Monday.  I even met one of my new neighbors, and he is going to mow my yard for me in the morning.  Isn't that sweet?

We found a lot of little things we'd like to take care of.  James went with me, and he was saying, "Oh, that's nothing.  I can fix that."   Nothing major was wrong.  All the appliances and stuff work.  No rotting stuff or anything like that.  We still have to call for a termite inspection, but other than that, we're good to go. 

The bad news is, the people still have a LOT of stuff left in the house.  The Realtor said she was going to call them and make sure they get it out by Monday.    The other bad news is, this back bedroom was a kid's room.  He seemed to have taped a lot of stuff to the walls, and when he pulled it off, it left tape marks on the paneling.   You can't get it off, either, because it pulls the top layer of the paneling off.  But, if I make this the snakes' room, you won't be able to notice it much.

Eh, I'll probably just leave it, at least for now.  I won't be spending a lot of time in this room anyway. 

 More good news, the guy who said he wants to buy my trailer called to get the make, model, and serial number for his bank guy, so I think he's going to follow through. 

What with all the stress and stuff of work and moving, all the knitting I've been doing has been a few squares on what was intended to be my sister's sock yarn blanket.  Yesterday, I was working on it and I found this: 

I checked the rest of the blanket, and it looks fine, so I think this may have been just a snag, and not moths.  Fortunately, I have some of this yarn left so I can darn it-- as soon as I can find a tapestry needle, that is.  The hole is small enough that it shouldn't be too obvious.

Frankly, I'm not surprised that this yarn was the one that got the hole.  It was very cheaply made yarn, and such a disappointment.  The socks I knit from it wore out in about two months.

Needless to say, I never bought any more yarn from that company.

Last night, I woke up in the middle of the night.  I was thirsty.  I tried to ignore it, but eventually, I had to get up and get something to drink.  While I was in the kitchen, somehow the cat got into the bedroom, and I didn't know it.  I was momentarily freaked when I felt something jump on the bed and didn't know what it was.  When she came up for snuggles, though, I figured it out. 

Normally, she's not allowed to sleep with me because of my allergies, but I just didn't feel like getting back out of bed.  So, she got to stay.

Just this once. 


Bag Blog said...

Congrats on the new house. I know it will be special for you. Jesse bought an older home last Feb. She loves it. When we did the final walk through with the Realtor, there was lots of stuff in the garage - like knee deep in trash. The realtor made some calls and it was all removed before we signed. Unfortunately, they removed some paint cans that would have helped us do touch up work on the house. Oh well, we just did lots of painting before she actually moved in.

Sue O said...

So happy for you. To try removing tape or it's residue try vegetable oil, it worked like a charm at my Dad's house. My Step-mom had recipes and newspaper articles taped to EVERYTHING and their breezeway was paneling.



Related Posts with Thumbnails