Monday, June 15, 2015

Taking A Break

I am so tired.  Do you want to know how tired I am?  I'm so tired, I tried to put the chocolate milk mix into the refrigerator.  Then I had to go back and check to make sure I hadn't put the milk into the cabinet. 

I'm so tired I drank Group Leader Fernando's coke.  He left it on my table, and without thinking, I picked it up and started drinking.  I'd gotten three swallows down before I realized that 1) it was warm, and 2) it wasn't diet Dr Pepper.  Um, oops. I bought him another one, and when I took it to him, I told him what I had done.  He didn't think it was funny. 

Anyway, I'm so tired and stressed about this house hunting thing that I decided to take a break today.  The stressful part is that I've got to sell my trailer house before the bank will give me a mortgage.  But I'm still living in the trailer house.  The plan is now to try to find a place to rent, then I can move out and get this place cleaned up and sold.   Once I find a rental, some of the pressure will be off.  Then I can take my time looking for the right house.

What did I do while taking this break today?  I made yarn.


This is some I'd spun a few days ago.  Since I only had one single, and didn't really want to Navajo ply this, I wound the single into a ball and plied from both ends.  I still haven't washed it, but it's done.

Speaking of plying, I got all that fiber last week and wanted to spin some of it up.  Alas, all my bobbins were full. 


No problem. I'd just Navajo ply the gold single, and ....wait, all my bobbins were full.  What was I going to ply it on to? 

Sigh, I ended up winding the natural colored fiber off into a ball, and used that bobbin to ply.  I'm getting better at it, but still need more practice.


Finally, I had an empty bobbin!  I spun up a good bit of my new fiber.  I'm getting much more consistent, but it's still a bit slubby. 


They say not to judge a person's yarn until they've spun up a pound of fiber.  I've still got a long way to go before I've spun that much.

Finally, remember that lighter I never could find?  I still haven't found it, so I broke down and bought another one. 


Because 'Merica, that's why.

No comments: