Wednesday, June 10, 2015

All Things New

I've got good news, and bad news.  First, the bad news.

That other house I was going to look at is already under contract.  I'm not surprised.  It was a very nice house at a very good price.  So, that one is off the table, but we've got plenty more to look at.  We're going to go look some more tomorrow.

Now, the good news.  We went to the bank and talked to the loan officer.  Contingent on my selling the trailer house, she can get me qualified for up to $140,000.  I said, "Well, all right, then."  But I don't want to go that high.  I'm still looking in the $80-90K range.  Once I'm done here, I'm going to go back to the website and look around a bit.

So, yesterday, while I was waiting on my tire to get fixed, I was wandering around Wal-mart.  I just so happened upon the clearance aisle.  Yes, I bought it, despite having 2857 other journals. 


It was on clearance.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Today I had to go back to Wal-mart, because I forgot to buy dog food.  Yeah, they wouldn't have been too happy with me if I'd made them wait until Friday to eat again.  While I was there, I happened upon the drinkware aisle.


You know I had to get it, because Independence Day is coming up, and I'm all about 'Merica. 

Once I finally made it home and checked my mail, I got the fiber I ordered. 


Yep, two pounds of it.  By the time I get all this spun, I ought to be pretty good.  Now, I just have to empty my bobbins so I'll have something to spin it onto. 

And finally, a co-worker of mine asked me to order some pepper sauce for him, since he doesn't have internet.  Really?  In this day and age, there are still people without internet?  Since I can't order just one thing, I threw one on my favorite books into my basket.  This is the one that made me want to work with blind people.  I kind of gave up that dream when I realized I didn't have the temperament or patience for it. 


And I got a couple of movies.  A double feature.  I used to have Shanghai Noon, but lent it out and never got it back.  I don't loan movies any more.  I've lost too many of them that way. 

Anyway, Shanghai Noon is hilarious. Shanghai Knights is funny, too, but not quite as good.  It's still worth a watch, though. 

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go browse the Coldwell Banker website a bit.  And eat ice cream. 


No comments: