Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Yippee!!!

My Jimmy is fixed!  I can go pick it up after work tomorrow.

Better news, it wasn't the lower intake gasket.  It ended up being the hoses after all.  One of them was cracked and brittle, and it was blowing the water out right there where the gasket was.  So it's a much cheaper fix.  He also blew out my heater core, so maybe I might have some heat.  Will asked me if I needed him to come get me, but I found a local friend who said she'd drive me down there.

I'm so excited!  I'm getting my wheels back!!

These are the gifts I picked out for Will and his wife:


The friend who is going to drive me is a knitter, too, so I'm giving her this yarn, plus paying for gas.


I'd originally picked out a skein of Cherry Tree Hill Sockittome Select, but I put it back.  I didn't want to give  her such a poor quality yarn.  Patons is good yarn. 

Speaking of Patons, I finished this hat. 


I think I've just about finished with the Christmas decorating.  This had the honor of being the first ornament I put on the tree this year.


And here is the finished product. 


Once there was a time when I collected nativity sets.  It got to be quite a storage problem, so I stopped.  I have so many that I can't put them all out every year.  I haven't put this one out in a long time. 


It's one Aunt Martha and I made one summer nearly 30 years ago -- listening to Christmas music.  In August.  I wanted to put it out this year.

It's a way of keeping her with us. 

No comments: