Tuesday, December 30, 2014

It Pours

Sometime after lunch, I trudged out to the honey house and got my car battery off of the charger, and lugged it back up to the house.  Let me tell you, those things are heavier than they look.  Nevertheless, I soldiered on and got it back into my Jimmy.  It was then that I discovered that I don't have a wrench the right size to fit the battery cables, so I couldn't hook them back up.

When James got home from work, he came over and hooked up my battery cables, and....Jimmy still wouldn't start.   James, Cody, and I got out and loaded it up onto his trailer and hauled it to the mechanic -- who won't be back until Monday. Well, Cody held the flashlight.  But we won't go into that.  I apologized for being such a bother all the time.  But we won't go into that, either. 

So, once again, I am vehicle-less.  At least this time, I had sense enough to get my work ID and safety glasses out.

I'm hoping and praying that it will be something relatively simple.  Even so, I've had that Jimmy for 12 years, and I've been thinking for a few months now that it's time to start looking for a new car.  I'm not quite sure how I'm going to pay for it, but I need something more dependable.

Not that Jimmy wasn't dependable in his day, but as with all things, nothing lasts forever.

Speaking of nothing lasting forever, it is with great sadness I have to report that I had to say goodbye to one of my favorite pair of flannel lounge pants. It has developed a somewhat sizable hole in a very -- shall we say -- inconvenient location. 


Let's all take a moment of silence in their memory.


All done?  OK, onward...

I finally finished the last Christmas present.  Truth is, I didn't start it until after Christmas.  We were over at Beverly's house and Cody mentioned still needing to get something for his girlfriend.  I said he could come pick out a scarf for her, but he said, "I was thinking about some fingerless gloves, because she has circulations problems."  That's right up my alley. 

I came right home and whipped out a pair of Fetching.  


I had quite a bit of yarn left so I said to myself, "Self, I wonder if I could make a matching hat."  After a bit of tinkering, I think I came up with a passable Fetching hat. 


I showed them to Cody, and he said "They'll do." 


Or something to that effect. 

Now that the frantic preparation for Christmas is over, I can get back to my previously started projects. 

No comments: