Friday, December 05, 2014

Eye Candy Friday





A few months ago, I posted about this psycho who had just started working on my line.  For those who don't want to go read that whole post, I'll just recap a bit.  I was minding my own business, working away, when the psycho walked up and started cursing me for having an attitude.

Well, in the intervening months, she has -- to put it into the local vernacular-- got into it with everyone at the front of that line.  So much so that nobody wants to speak to her.  In some cruel twist of irony, or karma, or something, she is now trying to buddy up with me, because I'm the only one who will actually talk to her.

They announced that we will be working 3 day work weeks for the next two weeks, then we'll be off until January 5th.  So, this girl was asking me what I was planning on doing over my long weekend.  And she asked me if I'd changed my hair color, because she remembered it being lighter.  When she has a question about work, she has to ask me, because I'm the only one who will answer her.  I think it's so funny that the one with the (bleeping) attitude is the only one who will pay any attention to her now.

Well, you reap what you sow...

I'm trying to be nice to her, because I know that before I figured out I was an introvert, and that it's OK to be one, I was hard to get along with.   Trying to force myself to be sociable was exhausting, and it made me short tempered and irritable. For a long time, I thought I was just a horrible, mean person.  Now that I know that when I start getting cranky it's time to go be by myself for a while, I'm much better in social situations.

Long story short, I know what it's like to be the one nobody likes, so I'm trying to cut the girl a little slack. 

Moving right along, I have broken my self imposed moratorium on buying yarn.  Someone requested a scarf in a specific color, so I had to order a skein of it.  Since it's not really cost effective to pay shipping on just one skein of yarn, I tossed a couple more into my shopping basket.  Now I just have to finish the scarf that is already on the loom so I can start this other one. 

In the meantime, let's just look at my Christmas cactus: 


Isn't it loverly? 

No comments: