Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Short Week

I already knew it was going to be a short week at work, but I found out today that it's going to be even shorter than I'd thought.  We're only going to work half a day Thursday, and it won't even be work.  We're supposed to be having some sort of meeting.

Nobody seems to know what the meeting is going to be about, but people are speculating that it's going to be what they used to call the "communication" meeting.  We used to have them once a month.  Then it became once a quarter.  Then every six months...now they're only once a year.  So, that's going to be Thursday.  We didn't work Monday, so this is going to be a really short week.

Since we didn't work yesterday, I had to wait until today to poke Group Leader Fernando about the Army - Navy game.  He's an Army veteran, you know.  So, I made a sign and hung it up on my stand.  It said


One year the streak will end.

One year, Army will once again sing second.

One year the Black Knights will stand victorious following that which has become known as America's Game.

This is not that year.

Navy – 17
Army – 10

Booyah

Then I just sat back and waited.  Sure enough, before too long, he walked by and read it.  And I got The Look. 

If you've ever gotten The Look from anyone, you'll know exactly what I mean. 

I thought briefly about wearing the Boat Head Thing to work, but I was afraid I'd catch it-- and consequently my head-- on fire. 


I caught my face on fire once.  Don't want to go there again.

And that, Friends, was the high point of my day. 

I did have to laugh, though.  They're starting to bring in temps to get them all trained up for peak season.  They're going to open up the temp line as soon as we get back in January.  Well, I went to the bathroom, and it was full of temps -- complaining about how hot it is in the plant.  I was like, "Kiddos, this is December.  Come back in August.  Then you can complain about the heat."

That's why the turnover rate is so high among the temps. 

I didn't sleep well last night.  I forgot to take my NyQuil before going to bed, but once I was in bed, I didn't want to get back out of bed, so I just didn't take it.  I would later come to regret that decision. 

I still didn't want to get out of bed, so I just coughed all night. 

And had strange dreams. 

But we won't go into that.  

No comments: