Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tired On Tuesday

I was at work yesterday, just a workin' away.  Group Leader Fernando wasn't there.  I didn't think anything of it.  I just figured he'd taken a day off. 

We all do it from time to time. 

But then, people started running up to me and texting me and asking "What happened to Fernando?" like they thought I would somehow know.  I'm not sure why they all thought I would know, but they did.  Think I would know, that is. 

After about the third time someone asked me that, I figured I'd better find out.  I started asking questions.  Seems he'd been having severe headaches, and was just feeling lethargic all weekend.  Sunday his sister talked him into going to the hospital. 

Well, I'm not going to go into all that, because it's his business and not my place to be putting it all over the internet.  Be that as it may, the hospital wanted to send him to Jackson, but they didn't have any beds.  They sent him to Greenwood instead, where they ran some tests on him. 

One of my friends said she and another co-worker were going to go see him after work, and I asked if I could ride with them.  I did want to go see him, but you know me, I wouldn't have gone on my own.  I was really glad she said she was going, and that I could go, too. 

I'm always like, thinking that people wouldn't want me around, but this morning, she stopped by and thanked me for going with them.  She said they really had a great time. 

Anyway, we got to the hospital and found his room.  Crystal knocked, and Fernando's sister called for us to come in...

"We came to see how you are doing," said Crystal, hugging him. 

"We're here to cheer you up," said Edna, hugging him.

"I'm here to finish you off," said I, strangling him...not really.  I just hugged him, too. 

We visited with him a bit, and the doctor came in and said he was OK, and could go home.  A few more minutes and the nurse came in with his discharge papers.  "Oh, I still have to take your IV out," she said.  "OOOOOH, can I?"  I volunteered -- which was met with a resounding NO from Fernando.  Gee, I wonder why...

We saw him safely off with his sister, then we came on back to Grenada.  I made it home just in time for the season premier of The Big Bang Theory, followed by the season premier of Sleepy Hollow.  By that time, I was just tired and ready for bed.

The bad news is, I tossed and turned until after midnight before I fell asleep.  Even then, I woke up two or three times before the alarm went off at 5:00 AM.  Needless to say, today has been a bit of a zombified day for me. 

But look who came to visit:

This is the neighbor's puppy, and he's the cutest little thing.  I was trying to figure out how I could keep him without them finding out.  Eventually, I decided that they wouldn't appreciate that too much, so I let him go on home. 

In other news, I bought another pie pumpkin and cooked it down over the weekend. 

I found a pumpkin soup recipe that I want to try.  You know I'm all about the soup.  I'd better be.  I've got enough soup in my freezer to feed an army. 

Finally, the fish has decided he wants to be named Gabriel.  

"Why Gabriel?" I asked him.  "It isn't a very fishy name." 

"Because I like it," Gabriel said.  And that was the end of that discussion. 

So, Gabriel it is. 

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails