Monday, September 15, 2014

At Last

Let's see, where was I? 

Hmmm, half day for training Friday.  The Great Fish Quest Saturday.  Church and football Sunday, after waking up from strange dreams...ah yes, here we are at Monday...

It was a crazy day at work today.  So many people were out that even Supervisor Ronnie put on a pair of gloves and worked on the lines.   I had to go help out in another area, but before I went, I wrote on our rate chart the following:

STANFORD - 35
ARMY -- 0

In large letters.  Very large letters.  Then, I loudly explained to a co-worker, "Navy and Air Force both won their games this weekend.  The only service academy that lost was ARMY." 

Group Leader Fernando said, "You just made your day a whole lot worse!" 

But it really wasn't, other than everyone being so shorthanded.  I had to run back and forth between my work station and one over on line 1, because they had so many people out. 

After work, I had to run to the store because my milk was getting sour.  I was trying to hurry up and drink it all up, but this morning, I realized I wouldn't make it.  While I was there, I found these:


 They taste OK, but are hard as a rock.  It's a bit like gnawing on a hockey puck.  I like soft cookies.  I won't be buying these again. 

And last...

At last, I have finally picked up the long neglected Kyle blanket.


Poor Kyle has been waiting forever for this thing.  It didn't help that four rows in, I decided I didn't like the way it looked and started over.  Yeah...

I'd started doing it in entrelac, but I felt it was puckering too much.  So I ripped it and am now doing it in mitered squares.  It's going much better now. 

I dreamed Saturday night that I was going through some kind of Army training (?), and they'd taken my glasses away.  I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to be doing, because I couldn't see.  I got so frustrated that I started crying, and the instructor said, "THERE IS NO CRYING IN THE ARMY!!!!"  But when he left the room, I said, "I don't care what he says, I'm going to get my glasses."  So I did. 

I still woke up crying, though.  I haven't done that in a while. 

There was something else I was going to tell you, but I can't remember what it was now.  I guess that means it's time for bed.  Maybe I'll think of it tomorrow. 

No comments: