Saturday, March 08, 2014

Weekend Miscellany

Yesterday evening was my shopping day.  Today, for want of a more interesting post, I thought I'd show you some of the treasures I found while at the store.

One of my Facebook friends tipped me off to the existence of these. 


They received a resounding yes from me.  Indeed, I ate half the bag before I even got home from the store.

This was probably the most exciting find of my shopping excursion. 


Nasacort!  This is one of the prescriptions my allergist had written me years ago, but I'd had to quit buying because it was just so expensive.  Once they changed our insurance from a co-pay to a deductible, I just couldn't afford it any more.  Even the generic version was $100 for a one month supply.  It is now available over the counter, and for only $12.  Yippee!  Maybe I'll be able to breathe again soon!

Lots of my fellow Texans have been posting photos of bluebonnets, so on a whim, I wandered into the garden center to see if they had any seeds.  Much to my amazement, I found them!


I'm going to plant them in my starter trays tomorrow, and hope they grow here.   I'll let you know how that goes. 

I also bought a bag of onions. 


I have no idea what I'm going to do with them.  I just really felt like I needed a bag of onions.  I'm thinking a potato and onion soup of some sort.  Or maybe I'll slice one of them up, mix up a batter, and fry them into onion rings.

And sourdough bread, which I didn't need, but bought anyway.


Yeah, I splurged.

Now, I'm off to bed, and don't forget to spring forward tonight. 

No comments: