Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Chats On The Farmhouse Porch



I always somewhat enjoy Chat days, because I don't have to strain my brain for a blog topic.  You ought to be glad, too, because otherwise, you'd be hearing all about my trip to the dentist.  So, let's chat, shall we?

1.  If you are in the US, does the time change mess you up? 

Yes, it does, but in the fall more so than in the spring.  The spring time change usually comes during our busy season at work, so I'm not keeping consistent hours anyway.  

2.   Do you usually drink a beverage with you meals? 

Yes, usually tea or a diet soft drink, or milk, depending on what I'm having.  

3.  How often do you iron clothes? 

Seldom.  I don't really have that many clothes that need ironing any more.  Now, when I was in the Navy, I ironed every single day.  And I do mean every day.

4.   When was the last time you took an enjoyable walk? 

Since before the guy put the No Trespassing signs up on the road where I used to walk.   Now that it's starting to warm up, I'm going to try to take the dogs down to the lake and walk some of the trails out there, before it gets too hot to go for walks. 

5.  Tell me whatever you'd like to share with us. 

Oh, goody!  You get to hear about my trip to the dentist after all!  If you're a regular reader of my blog, you know that I've recently gotten some old dental work replaced.  If you just pop in for Chats, I've recently gotten some old dental work replaced.  This time, I decided to go with a flexible partial instead of fixed bridges.  I was getting worried, because I kept having to go back and let the dentist make adjustments to my partial, but today he told me that it is perfectly normal.   It usually takes two or three visits before the partial is right and stuff.  He scheduled me for one more next week, but said if nothing was rubbing or causing sore spots, I could call and cancel it.  Hopefully, I can do that, and won't have to go back. 

So, that's all I have interesting to tell today.  Do come back and join us again next week. 

4 comments:

katie eggeman said...

I am bound for the dentist today to have some bridge work done.

retired not tired said...

Hubby has a partial plate however I have all of my own teeth so visits to the dentist are routine, thank goodness!

Becky G said...

I had two molars that my permanent teeth never came in. My primary teeth had to be pulled and bridges put in when I was 19. My dentist said that eventually they'd have to be replaced, and that's what I'm doing now.

Patrice said...

I had to iron a lot when I was in the police department. Now I iron mostly for my daughter who is a performer. I also have a steamer which is easier for those fancy formals. I can't stand dentists, but I did find a new one who is okay. Now I just need to afford the work I need.