Thursday, March 06, 2014

Throw Back Thursday

Throw back Thursday (Or Thor's Day, as I like to call it) has become a thing on Facebook.  The point is to post old photos of yourself and stuff.  To get into the spirit of things, I thought I'd do one here, too.

  For our first step down memory lane, here I am the day I graduated from college, May 1987.


 With me is Susan Day.  She could do the best camel lips I've ever seen.   Check out those shorts!  I loved them; they were like my favorite shorts ever.

Here we go way back to the time when I was just over a year old-- January 1966.


You're not going to believe this, but I can actually remember getting this photo taken.  I was fascinated by the shag rug, and was sitting down playing with it.  I remember the photographer telling me to stand up and hold Bubba's foot.  Seriously, I do.

Now, let's zoom forward in time to when I was in the Navy.  


This was the day I finished the first part of my electronics technician school, which would make this November 1989.  That Petty Officer with me was in charge of the barracks.  I can't remember her name, and I can't blow the photo up enough to read her name tag, but she called me her Number One Problem Child.  I don't know why.  I was good.

Really, I was. 

You can stop laughing now. 

OK, back to first grade and my old Bluebird troop.  Or whatever groups of Bluebirds were called.

And finally, me on my wedding day, which just happens to be 21 years ago today.


I probably should have looked happier, but hey, there's a reason we never made it to our first anniversary. 

Well, that's about it for Throw Back Thursday.  I don't expect this to be a weekly feature, but I didn't sleep well last night, and it seemed an adequate cop-out. 


No comments: